Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Picture Day Take ONE!


The minute I hit the enter key on my lap top to pay for School Pictures, I was sorry! Why did I just pay $38 X 2 (both kids) for 1 8X10, 2 5X7's, a few wallets and those little pictures that are pretty much useless! This was the cheapest package I could buy and get the 8X10 for me and the 5X7's for both Grandparents. I know, I know...that's what Scanners are for, but I always like to hand out the real thing. I hate to say this, but my kids aren't cute little 5 years olds anymore. The truth is they're in that awkward snaggle tooth phase and both my seven year olds second front tooth are refusing to come in, so they both have this one BIG tooth hanging down practically screaming, LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME!!!  I have a few hideous pictures of myself at that age that I could definitely do without! Anyway, Bailey brought her pictures home the other day. I still felt that little bit of excitement when I saw the envelope in her Back Pack but then that excitment quickly went away when  I pulled them out of the package. HOLY SNOT!!!!!    There is was, that BIG TOOTH, but that is not what caught my eye. What caught my eye was the blob of SNOT in her nostril! Yes, there was SNOT in the rim of her nostril! COME ON!!!! I paid what I think is good Money for these pictures, the least you can do is hand my Kid a Kleenex and ask her to blow her nose since obviously she doesn't feel the wetness aka SNOT that is lingering in her nose hole!  GEEEEEZZZZZ!!!!! Then, I realize that the Picture isn't even centered....Are you kidding me???? Did the Second Graders take EACH OTHER'S Pictures this year???? I know, I shouldn't gripe, because I am aware that the photographer is very busy trying to push all of these kids through in a timely manner, but I also know that there are Parent Volunteers there to help comb the hair and make sure there is nothing in your nostril.  Your probably thinking, if you have a problem with the way they handle picture day, then you should just volunteer yourself to make sure that the kids are SNOT free. I get it but because I have a one year old and  no babysitter and I don't have the money to pay for all of the damage that she might have done to their equipment, I could not be there.  All I could do was tell my kids as they walked out the door the morning of picture day was to not get hot and sweaty on the playground and don't stain your clothes before pictures.  Obviously, I failed because I forgot to tell them to check for SNOT before they sat down in front of the camera. Anyway, thank Goodness for retake day! Colton's picture turned out o.k. except for the fact that he decided to pull his Daddy's gold chain that he insist on wearing out at the last minute and let it hang from his Collar. He will not be wearing the chain on retake day and they will both have Kleenex in their pockets.

2 comments:

  1. You gotta post those pics!!! C'mon, I wanna see the snotty pictures! Tyson and Em's came out cute, but I still didn't buy any. I think I can still take better pics. Our school lets us view them online before we purchase them.

    ReplyDelete