Thursday, October 20, 2011

Christmas in October makes me HAPPY!

There are people that moan and groan when they start seeing Christmas stuff go up in stores in October, especially when it's one aisle over from the Halloween stuff. There are some that don't care and there are some that immediately get the Christmas Spirit! Last year, I was the moan and groaner. I have always been a Big Christmas person, but last year, I just wasn't feeling it. I guess the Baby Blues were still lingering from August, when Kinley was born....Yes, I am one of those Mother's that unfortunately had the Baby Blues after my kids were born. I don't like admitting that, but it's life! Anyway, I don't think half of my Christmas Decorations made it out last year. If it wasn't for my husband urging me to get the tree up, I'm not so sure that would have gotten done....For those of you that really know me, that is NOT ME AT ALL!!!! I love Christmas!!! I love the meaning of Christmas (The Reason for the Season) I love the hussle and bussle of shoppers, I love the Music, I love the smells, I love the Family get togethers, I love the Creepy Christmas Caroling dolls that were once my Grandmother's and are now mine(I don't think they're creepy, but i have been told by other sources that they are. They move their arms when they are plugged in and I guess to some people that were tramatized by watching scary movies where dolls came alive and attacked you when everyone was sleeping, they cause a little bit of anxiety. LOL! Seriously, My husband had a work party at our house a couple of years ago, and one of the MEN that were at the party was COMPLETELY freaked out by them. I thought it was funny! Anyway, I am in the Spirit!!! I've even decided to change my theme! I've never really had a theme before...My tree just has a hodge podge of all of the ornaments from when I was a kid to now. This year, I'm going for a candy/cookie theme. I fell in love with a Candy themed tree I had seen in a store, and now I'm on board! I can't wait to see it all come together! Now, if only one of my trees out back would start sproutin' money, I could start my Shopping!

Here are some aprons that I picked up for my girls at Hobby Lobby! They even had one for my one year old!!! I'll probably have their names put on them. So Cute!!!


Found this cute little Cookie decoration at Hobby Lobby 40% off! Love it!

Here are some of the ornaments that will be going on the tree...I hope Kinley doesn't mistake some of them for real cookies/candy and try to eat them!

I think these are my favorite!


I found these in Michael's dollar rack! It has the paper to write the letter on, a Christmas pencil and an envelope to mail it in. Had to have them! Colton & Bailey can't wait to start making their list.

Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

No comments:

Post a Comment