Thursday, September 1, 2011

Rise and Shine

It's getting harder to get the kids to go to bed at night, but even harder to get them to wake up in the morning. Granted, they have to get up at 6:00am, but that's their choice. They want to ride the bus and the bus comes at 6:40. Not a lot of time for getting dressed, eating breakfast, brushing teeth and doing hair and of course get in a little cartoon time. I usually get attitude from them in the morning and they lay there until I absolutely insist that they get up. I can't yell, because that is no way to start the morning so I always try to stay calm. I do remember being a kid and not wanting to get out of bed. So, this morning I sent in the baby..... They won't get mad at her :) I put Kinley down and said, "Go wake up Bubba." She ran right over and practically did a nose dive into his body. (He made a bed on the floor in our room) Then, she pulled his hair (that's her thing right now) He was fine with that. He looked up and smiled and gave his baby Sister kisses and put his head back down, but he did get up a few seconds later and in a good mood. I might have to try this more often.


2 comments: