Thursday, September 29, 2011

I love a Rainy night!


I remember being a little girl riding in the car, going on a trip and it raining really hard. I remember how much I loved it. So relaxing to sit in the back seat under a blanket just enjoying the sight. I'm sure it wasn't as enjoyable for My parents in the front seat, but as a kid, I had no worries about slippery roads. The Sounds and the peacefulness of rain is so relaxing and cozy. Now, to the down side of this story....Rain is still a new experience for my One year old. I could probably count on one hand how many times it has rained since she was born. Rain wasn't a GREAT BIG DEAL when I was a kid because we got enough of it. (Especially in 94' when it didn't stop raining for several days causing our neighborhood to go underwater and a lot of people losing EVERYTHING!!! Including us!) Sorry, I'm rambling.... back to my original thought......we have been without rain for so long that when it gets a little cloudy or dark outside, we just sit and pray that the rain will fall. THANK YOU LORD, it did today. As soon as it started, we all ran out to the garage and opened the door and watched it rain. As a matter of fact, we still are. The kids ran around in it like it was the first and last time they were ever going to see it. Kinley just stood in awe of it. Hopefully it keeps raining into the night, because like I said, "I love a Rainy night!"

No comments:

Post a Comment