Sunday, September 18, 2011

Sleepover's are a FULL TIME JOB!!!!

When Bailey asked me if she could have a sleepover, I said Sure. I mean, how hard could it be? They will just go in Bailey's room and play, watch a little T.V. and eat a few snacks right???? WRONG!!!! When I first got home with everybody, the girls ran into Bailey's room and shut the door. Wow, this is going to be easy....then Greg tells me that he and Colton are going to go to the Deer Lease. Thanks Honey, leave me with 3 seven year old girls and a 1 year old baby. That's so nice of you. After they leave, the fun begins!!!!! The night begins with Pizza.. Pizza's always a hit so we're all good there. Next, comes cupcakes. I barely had them out of the oven and frosted before they were being scarfed down. I don't mean one cupcake per kid. I mean they were eating them as fast as I could blink. The next thing I know, they are back in Bailey's room pulling down every outfit she has out of the closet. o.k. No big deal....it's a slumber party and the girls want to play dress up. Next, the bathroom. Bows, makeup, hairbrushes, hair straighteners, etc. were everywhere. I did have to step in at that point. I ended up being the hair dresser, makeup artist, and stylist. Apparently, the outfits in Bailey's closet weren't fancy enough for their rock band...oh yea, forgot to mention the rock band...off to my room we went. Any costume jewelry and clothing with sequence that I owned were now on the bodies of these little divas....and yes, there were disagreements on who was going to wear what... I stayed out of it . Next, was the concert...and who was the audience???? Me, of course. They weren't going to let me have a dull moment all night. So, after an hour of guitar playing and singing EVERY SONG KNOWN TO MAN, it was time to get in their P.J.'s and have a Pillow fight. It mean, what's a slumber party without a pillow fight. Thankfully they let me sit that one out. The pillow fight turned into a wrestling match. I thought Bailey would just throw these girls around because she out weighs them by quite a bit. Boy, was I wrong. They held their own... No winners here! They would start to wrestle and start laughing so hard, that they would have to quit. I had fun watching it! Finally, about 11:30, I called it a night and went to bed leaving the little princesses to watch T.V. I came to check on them about 12:30 and one was on the floor asleep and the other two were sitting straight up in the love seat, sound asleep. I turned off the T.V. and went back to bed, hoping that we would all sleep in since it was a late night. WRONG AGAIN!!! About 6:00am, Emily stood at my bed side gently tapping me and saying, "Mrs. Kleiber, Mrs. Kleiber.... I slightly opened my eyes and she said, " I can't find Bailey or Hannah, will you come help me??? Had it been my own kid, I would have just told them to go back to bed, but since it was Emily, I got up to help. As were walking out of my bedroom, we practically tripped on Bailey because she was asleep in the middle of my floor. Hannah was still sitting in the love seat asleep, but Emily just didn't see her. They were up from then on. Breakfast, Trampoline jumping, snacking, more guitar playing, singing, board games (which I also had to play) and playing on the Internet and it was time for the party to come to an end. The girls didn't want to leave and Bailey didn't want them to leave. All in all, it was a successful Sleepover and I'm glad everyone had a good time. Bailey took a long nap once everyone was gone, and Emily's Mom told me that Emily slept for 3 hours after she got home. This is the beginning of the singing.... Even Kinley danced
Silly girls...
The Dixie Chicks! They had me take a Million pictures
Pillow fight in full swing. Notice, Hannah in the background still playing the guitar.

No comments:

Post a Comment