Monday, July 2, 2012

Our Saturday Family Outing

We didn't have any real plans this weekend, but Greg surprised me by saying o.k. when I mentioned maybe taking the kids to the Wildlife ranch on Saturday.  Honestly, we don't get out a lot for things like that so I get really excited when we get to go.  We got a late start because like I said it wasn't planned and it takes a little while to get everyone ready.  Once we got to the Wildlife ranch, the line was long and once we got in, most of the animals were hiding in the woods.  I guess they were hot and had already gotten their belly full.  I was a little disappointed, but the kids had fun, so I was fine with it.

Here's some of what we saw at the drive thru....
 Usually the ostriches will at least come up to your vehicle and try to snatch your food bag out of your hand, but NO!!!!  The only entertainment this Ostrich gave us is when it turned around and showed us how he goes poo.  I was pretty shocked by it actually.  It was really gross and not at all what you would expect it to look like.....I'm not talking about the poo.....





Kinley had a lot of fun throwing food out of the window even though the animals wouldn't even budge to get it.


She was SUPER Excited when Greg let her drive.


Next up, the Petting Zoo.  At least we are guaranteed to get to feed some animals there.  We thought Kinley would freak out a little at first, but she didn't.  She ran right in ahead of us and struck up conversations....with the animals that is.  This poor goat looks like he is being scolded.



Colton and Bailey really enjoyed feeding the animals too.




Once we had fed all of the animals, we decided it was time to go and find something to eat.  We weren't too far from Greg's favorite BBQ place so that's where we ended up.


I guess I can't blame him for not wanting to pass this up.

After that, Greg asked if we wanted to go check out the New Buc-cees.  Of course I said YES!!! 
I'm all for being out of the house!!!


Greg and Colton tried on hats....


and Kinley found a hat that she just couldn't part with.....


Of course her Daddy didn't hesitate to buy it for her.

Once we were done with that, we were all ready to head home and settle in for the rest of the night.
We had a Great Family day and I hope to have many more in the very near future.


Until next time........



Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

No comments:

Post a Comment