Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Summer has officially started

Well, it's official.  Summer Vacation has started and the kids have already left me.  (The two oldest ones anyway)  For the past few Summers, Colton and Bailey have gone to stay with their Ninny and Papa (Greg's Mom and Dad) which is fun for them, but a little sad for me.  As crazy as they make me at times, I still miss them when they are not here.  It's especially hard because Colton never wants to come home.  Last year he would barely get on the phone with me and actually tried to convince me to pack up all of his stuff and bring it to their house so he could live there.  Papa has a little bit of a soft spot for him and lets him get away with WAY TOO MUCH!!!!!  I think if Greg and Mike (Greg's Brother) did the things that my son does when they were little, there would have been  A LOT more Come to Jesus meetings in that household. Maybe one day Papa will get just a little too much of it and straighten him out.  That's what I'm hoping anyway.  Anyway, Pat and Clayton came down yesterday to get them and left this morning.  I'm o.k. now, but it will probably hit me at bedtime when I don't have to tell anyone fifteen times to go brush their teeth, turn off the TV and go to bed.  The one thing I am looking forward to is that their rooms will stay clean for at least a week.   
     On to another subject, Kinley.....She is very shy and scared when other people that don't actually live with us show up.  It usually takes her a while to warm up to anyone, even her Grandparents.  Yesterday was a pleasant surprise.  She hid behind my legs for about two minutes and she was over it.  I hope this is the start of her coming out of her scared phase.  With that being said, here are my pictures from yesterday......
One of the ways to Kinley's heart besides Baseball is food, especially Watermelon.  




There's nothing like a nice cold piece of Watermelon on a Hot Texas Day.


Kinley just cheesin' it up for the camera.


Kinley really bonded with Ninny. 


   Yesterday was also Pat and Clayton's 47th Wedding Anniversary.  Whoever says you need to really get to know each other before you marry someone is wrong in this case.  I think these two dated for about 3 months and decided to tie the knot and here they are 47 years later
   HAPPY ANNIVERSARY PAT & CLAYTON!!!

Vote for me @ Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

1 comment:

  1. Best Way to Enjoy Summer.And U guys really had Fun alot..:)

    ReplyDelete