Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Floats are FUN!!!

When the kids came home with an assignment to make a float out of a shoebox, I was Super excited. I LOVE projects like this. My downfall is the fact that I am a total control freak so I end up doing most of it, if not all of it. I don't mind doing all of it, but I don't think they send projects home like this so that the parents can do them all by themselves. I asked Colton & Bailey what kind of float they wanted to do, praying that they would pick something that I could have fun with. Naturally Colton wanted to do a Farm Float. He's my little Country Bumpkin! Next, Bailey....Can we do a Pretty Pink Barbie Float????? ABSOLUTELY!!!! I can have A LOT of fun with that. I did manage to let them glue a few things on so technically we did this project together. When we took the floats to School on float day, I was happy to see that there was Obviously more parents who took on this project themselves as well. I was amazed at all the different ideas everyone had. There was one girl that had a stage with Justin Beiber on it, and it was no easy task. It looked AWESOME!!! I wish I had taken a picture. Another kid had a centipede float made out of several shoe boxes. All the floats were really cute. What a great project!!!



Bailey walking in the Float parade




Colton with his farm on a string

No comments:

Post a Comment