1. I decided to check out a few charities online and pick one that really touched my heart. I didn't realize how hard it would be to pick one. I ended up on the St. Jude Children's Research Hospital Website and I was surprised at all of the things they do for these Kids. For Instance, I had no idea that once a Child is done with their Chemo, they throw each child a No Mo Chemo Party. How Great is that!!!! Once I saw this picture, it took me about a second to hit the donate button.
|I LOVE IT!!!!|
3. Right before I went to bed last night, I decided to see if I had any loose change in my purse and if I did, I wanted to somehow use it for my Random acts of Kindness project. I dug out four dollars, four quarters and two old gift cards which by the way didn't have a whole lot left on them, but enough to do little things here and there. After I dropped the kids off this morning, I went to the Gas Station and bought 4 Lottery tickets. I plan on leaving them in random places for others to find, but I'll post about that later when I've actually followed through with it. I did take one of them and put it in a little card for our mail carrier and left it in the mailbox.
4. I randomly leave notes in my Husbands pockets or drawers (dresser drawers that is) so I decided why not include this as one of my acts of Kindness. I didn't really want to include things that I normally would do, but in case your reading and you don't already leave random notes for your Spouse, maybe you will now. He gets up a lot earlier than we do and is already at work before we even get up so instead of leaving a note in his pocket that he may or may not find right away, I decided to write a note that he would see first thing in the Morning.
In the shower....(of course in a ziploc bag so it wouldn't get wet)
So, that is 4 down.....32 more to go. I have so many things I would like to do and I'm really excited about it. Some small, some not so small, but all rewarding. I would like to take this opportunity to urge you to think about little things that you can do for others to make their day just a little bit brighter. I would love to hear your Random Acts of Kindness.
Here are some other ideas.....
- Donate School Supplies to those in need.
- Take a Goody Basket to your local Fire Dept. along with a Thank You Note for all that they do.
- Donate items to a Children's Home. (I looked into this and was surprised to find out there was a home for abused Children not far from my house) They even had a wish list posted online and the items they are asking for are simple items that we take for granted. Their website is www.stjudesranch.org if you want to check it out and see if there is one near you.
- Tape Quarters to a vending machine
- Put Quarters in gumball machines
- Buy a gift card to a fast food place and as your walking out the door, hand it to someone walking in
- send a little gift to your child's Teacher
- send cards to friends or family just because
- Leave quarters at a laundromat
- donate to a food bank
- pick up the tab at a Restaurant for someone that is sitting alone
- Become a Chemo angel..... www.chemoangel.net (5 minutes of your time could mean the world to someone else)
- Pay the toll for the car behind you
- Donate dress clothes to www.dressforsuccess.org (This is to help women who may have had to leave an abusive situation or fallen on hard times and need nice clothes to go on job interviews so they can get back on their feet)
- Leave a deserving waitress or waiter an extra large tip or if you don't have the money for that, write a nice letter to the Manager telling them what a Great Job their employee did.
- Put all your loose change in a jar and donate it to a Charity or a friend or family member in need once it is full
- Give a Stranger a Smile....It might be the only one they get all day.
- Take flowers to a Hospital or nursing home and give them to someone who doesn't get visitors.
- Leave Random "Happy Notes" on car windows. You never know what kind of day someone is having and you have the ability to possibly turn it around. There is also an actual website dedicated to this.... www.operationnice.com
- Leave a diaper and wipes in a ziploc bag on a changing table in a public restroom....You never know when someones baby might have a blowout and they have forgotten their diaper bag.
- Call a local animal shelter and see what you can do to help.
- Write a letter to a soldier or better yet send a care package...check out.... www.anysoldier.com
- Send a "Happy Card" to a child who is fighting for their life..Seriously, this is such an easy thing to do and it could make their day! check out.... www.hugsandhope.org
- Pack a backpack full of snacks, soap, deoderant...whatever you want and give it to someone that is homeless.
There are so many things that can be done to help others or just make their day a little brighter.
My hope for writing this blog is that you might have the opportunity to show a little extra kindness to someone and then they in turn will pay it forward. To walk away with a feeling that you have made a difference in someone else's life is priceless and if you ask me it's a Great gift to give yourself.
I'll end with a quote that I saw on another blog that I thought was simple but true....
"Wherever there is a human in need, there is an opportunity for kindness and to make a difference."